Two individuals were killed in a fire at Holy Healing Ministries International Church in Mpumudde ward, Jinja City South division, on Thursday morning. (Two people die in a church fire in Jinja)
The two men, whose identities have not yet been revealed, were among those who gathered at the chapel for nocturnal prayers on Wednesday.
The fire is said to have started on the roof, weakening it and leading it to collapse on some of the worshipers praying near the pulpit. Seven worshippers escaped, but two men were caught in the flames.
The fire destroyed the improvised wooden church. The police fire and rescue crew attempted in vain to extinguish the flames.
On the condition of anonymity, one of the worshippers told us that the church was set ablaze around 7:00 a.m., after the majority of the congregation had left.
He claims that the deceased stayed behind to pray only to get caught in the flames. The church’s operators have yet to issue an official comment about the tragedy.
- S*X Education Season 4, Full Review of the Netflix Show
- Carls date 2023 Animation Movie, Full Review
- The Ultimate Guide to Finding Affordable Online Colleges for In-State Students
- The Top 6 Online Business Degree Programs That Guarantee Lucrative Careers
- Understanding Accreditation: A Key Factor in Choosing an Online U.S. University
According to James Mubi, the Kira Region Police spokesperson, the deceased’s bodies have been transported to the Jinja Regional Referral Hospital mortuary for postmortem examination.
He claims that after thoroughly inspecting the fire scene, police will provide a comprehensive report on the incident. (Two people die in a church fire in Jinja celebrity jazz ug)