Patrick Salvado, a stand-up comedian, is unmoved by National Unity Platform. (NUP) followers who attack him on social media. (“I am not a politician” comedian Salvado said on social media – refusing to be intimidated by NUP followers )
NUP supporters have made it a habit to target celebrities who are associated with the ruling party. Some are followed on stage and are pelted with bottles.
Salvado, one of Uganda’s top comedians, has been booked to perform on concerts with the ruling party, and he has been insulted on social media.
Salvado admitted to local television that NUP followers do not frighten him because no one pays his bills or brings him meals at home.
Salvado stated that if he is offered the opportunity to work, he will take it, and no one has the right to accuse him of betraying them.
- Elizabeth II has passed away
- Who will win the title of Miss Tourism Uganda for 2022–2023
- Evelyn Lagu requests further funding for her fourteenth operation
- President Museveni has a song by Diamond Platnumz called Balaam
- The Computer Misuse (Amendment) Bill 2022 is adopted by Parliament
“I am not a politician,” I say. If given the opportunity to work, I will do so and earn money. “If they claim I betrayed them, they must show how,” Salvador added. (“I am not a politician” comedian Salvado said on social media – refusing to be intimidated by NUP followers – celebrity jazz ug)