The Uganda Musicians Association (UMA) electoral commission panel has finally established a new date for the long-awaited public presidential debate. (UMA yields to demands and sets a new date for the public presidential debate)
Previously, the debate was scheduled for the end of April, but it did not take place owing to unavoidable circumstances.
Mr. Jeff Geoffrey Ekongot, chairman of the UMA electoral commission, explained in a recent interview on Sanyuka TV that the debate would take place a few days before voting.
Following repeated public pressure to know the dates for the debate, the electoral commission team lead by Mr. Ekongot confirmed through Twitter that it will be conducted on May 21, 2022.
- Elizabeth II has passed away
- Who will win the title of Miss Tourism Uganda for 2022–2023
- Evelyn Lagu requests further funding for her fourteenth operation
- President Museveni has a song by Diamond Platnumz called Balaam
- The Computer Misuse (Amendment) Bill 2022 is adopted by Parliament
Following that, elections will be held on Monday, May 23, 2022. However, it remains unclear if the elections would be held digitally or by ballot, as previously stated.
The debate is scheduled on Saturday, May 21, 2022, just before the elections on Monday, May 23, 2022. ( UMA yields to demands and sets a new date for the public presidential debate – celebrity jazz ug )