Mbarara View High School in Katete, Mbarara City South Division, western Uganda, has caught fire, destroying all of the property in the administration block. The administration houses the head teacher’s office, as well as the school’s staff room, library, and store. (Another School has Been Fired in Mbarara)
According to Samson Kasasira, the Rwizi Region police spokesperson, the fire started around 3 a.m. this morning. According to Kasasira, the Mbarara city police fire and rescue team responded to the scene and extinguished the fire before it spread to nearby buildings. There have been no reported injuries.
According to Anthony Mugura, the school’s director, three students who were suspended last week for indiscipline are suspected of starting the fire.
According to Mugura, the students were suspended after they received information that they were inciting their colleagues to strike. He revealed that the administration requested additional security personnel from the police, who spent a week at school until last night when they left.
Mugura believes it is unfortunate that the incident occurred the night after the police had left the school.
This is Mbarara’s second fire incident. It comes after another fire last week that destroyed the boys’ dormitory at St. Andrews secondary school Rubindi in Mbarara district.
Kasasira claims that special investigations have been launched to identify the true perpetrators of the region’s fires and their motivations. (Another School has Been Fired in Mbarara –celebrity talk 2022)
- Since their Kukyala over 10 months ago, Robin Kisti and her partner Mark Asiimwe had broken things up
- Optimus, a walking humanoid robot that Tesla has unveiled, might be purchased in 2027
- Diamond Platnumz and Spice Diana Give each other Nicknames
- Why Vanessa and Emmanuel Lwasa’s Kukyala was canceled
- It’s time for Chameleone – Bebe Cool and Bobi Wine to end their musical careers