Andrew Kabuura, according to a notice received by MBU, has warned NTV Uganda from utilizing his trademark “The Pressbox” for their upcoming sports show. (Andrew Kabuura Advises NTV Not to Use “The Pressbox”)
Andrew Kabuura, the former NTV Pressbox show host, resigned from the Serena-based TV station more than a week ago.
A few days later, he was photographed at the Next Media headquarters, sparking speculation that he was about to switch to NBS TV.
Viewers of the NTV Pressbox show were left perplexed as to what would happen to the show, they had enjoyed watching for four years.
The network later declared that the show, rebranded “The Pressbox,” would return bigger and better on Monday, May 9, 2022.
However, the show did not air as scheduled yesterday. According to reliable sources, NTV was advised against using the name “The Pressbox.”
On behalf of Andrew Kabuura, AKN Advocates warned the Nation Media Group station not to use “The Pressbox” since Kabuura owned the trademark.
The notice, dated May 9, 2022, also states that Andrew Kabuura owns all copyright in the show, which previously broadcast on NTV.
- Since their Kukyala over 10 months ago, Robin Kisti and her partner Mark Asiimwe had broken things up
- Optimus, a walking humanoid robot that Tesla has unveiled, might be purchased in 2027
- Diamond Platnumz and Spice Diana Give each other Nicknames
- Why Vanessa and Emmanuel Lwasa’s Kukyala was canceled
- It’s time for Chameleone – Bebe Cool and Bobi Wine to end their musical careers
As a result, NTV has been advised to refrain from utilizing the trademark in the airing of any show or risk being sued for “copyright and trademark infringement.” (Andrew Kabuura Advises NTV Not to Use “The Pressbox” – celebrity jazz ug)