Despite the fact that some musicians have protested the postponement, Cindy is overjoyed. (Postponing the UMA Elections Benefits Me -Cindy Sanyu )
The planned Uganda Musicians Association (UMA) elections did not take place on Tuesday after the Ministry of Gender and Social Issues intervened and halted the arrangements on the grounds that artists outside of Kampala were being excluded.
Despite the fact that some musicians have protested the postponement, Cindy is overjoyed.
“It works for me.” Many of my supporters were excluded. Upcountry, 60-70 percent of my people live. “The physical voting and the National Theatre were discriminatory,” she said in interviews following the second cancellation of the elections.
- Uganda National Examinations Board PLE Results 2022 (UNEB)
- The 2023 Concert Date Has Been Announced – Ykee Benda
- Programme Manager | NGO Jobs – World Vision International
- Martha Mukisa attributes her musical breakthrough to Kenzo
- The singer Gavana Cymo laments the death of his father
“The ministry has promised to fund the elections, and the burden has now been lifted from the association, for which we should be grateful,” she added.
A new date for selecting new leaders has not yet been announced.(Postponing the UMA Elections Benefits Me -Cindy Sanyu – Latest News in Uganda)