Elvis Ssekyanzi Wavamunno, a well-known city businessman and event organizer, was sentenced to Luzira prison last week for failing to pay a USD $230,000 debt (Shs830Million). (The bail application of Silk Events owner Elvis Ssekyanzi was denied )
Elvis Ssekyanzi, Gordon Wavamunno’s son, was hauled into court in 2016 after accumulating the aforementioned debt from Mash Investment Limited.
He spent the weekend behind coolers as his team and lawyers planned how to help him be released with a bail request.
However, after paying off Shs200 million, his bail application hearing was denied in court.
- Uganda National Examinations Board PLE Results 2022 (UNEB)
- The 2023 Concert Date Has Been Announced – Ykee Benda
- Programme Manager | NGO Jobs – World Vision International
- Martha Mukisa attributes her musical breakthrough to Kenzo
- The singer Gavana Cymo laments the death of his father
The court ordered Elvis Ssekyanzi to pay at least a quarter of the debt in order to be granted bail, which he did not do and was thus remanded to Luzira. (The bail application of Silk Events owner Elvis Ssekyanzi was denied – Breaking news in Uganda)